Sunday, October 7, 2012

Six Squared: Canvas 4

This week I finished up the remaining three canvases for Six Squared in support of the Kingston Seniors Association. Here's #4! 


Canvas #4: Playing with Colours

So I bought this massive pallet of colours from Wallack's last week, and absolutely couldn't wait to try them out! I decided to dedicate a canvas specifically to this endeavour. 


First, I painted the canvas a warm grey to help neutralize the whiteness of the canvas. I also find that a primed canvas holds other colours much better. 




Once the base layer was dry, I grabbed a bunch of paint brushes and the lid of a big Tupperware container (because I'm too good for an actual palette, clearly). 



Squirted out a glob of each of the colours I intended to use onto the lid. 



...and started painting free-hand. 







I did two coats of each colour. 

After the top of the canvas was done, I decided I wanted to do something with the sides. 

Taped it off all the way around. 



Played around with raw umber and white. 



Bottom first. 

Then a slightly different colour for the top. 



Waited for it to dry, and then pulled off the tape. 



Then sealed it up with ModPodge! 



TADA!!!




Canvas #4: COMPLETE.

No comments:

Post a Comment